Saturday 9 July 2011

Eltham: City of Mouthbreathers

Took the bike out to Eltham last weekend.  Ostensibly, I was off to see Eltham Palace, but it was shut when I got there at 11am.  So I amused myself by looking at the lovely 30s houses round there.  A particular and pink one caught my eye:


A magnificently horrid mess (marvel at the curved once-suntrap windows that arc round to the garage extension!  Gasp at the pink, Old Worlde porch extension!  Feel slightly nauseous on behalf of the neighbours and their unruined house on the left).  Oh, those lanterns.

Anyway, whilst taking pictures and chortling in a horribly superior way, a young skinheaded chap stopped his van and asked me if I was trying to break into his Mum's house.  Least he asked, I suppose.  Anyway.  I had to claim to be admiring the stylish architecture.  And then I ran away on my bike.  


No comments:

Post a Comment